Social Media

Sunday, September 30, 2012

See ya, September! Hello, October!

Well, September is pretty much over, and October starts tomorrow.  September has been quite a month for Mr. Marathon and me.  We ran in three races, met some goals, missed some goals, had to go to the doctor and the hospital, got sick, skipped some training days, overdid it on other training days, but ultimately, we are happy with our progress throughout the month.  Here are our final numbers for the month:


Mr. Marathon: 105.6 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has met and surpassed his 100 mile goal for the month of September, despite his many, many setbacks.  WHOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!  And for the record, he is still sick.  But that ain't stoppin' him, no way, no how!
Mrs. Marathon: 57.75 miles!!  I have met and surpassed my goal of 48 miles for the month.  I didn't have quite as difficult of a month as Mr. Marathon luckily, so I am very pleased with my mileage.

Also, I have had a couple of other great successes just this past week.  I managed to run one mile in 8 minutes, 37 seconds, which is AWESOME.  I set a goal over the summer to run a mile in under 9 minutes which I finally achieved.  In that same run, I managed to complete 3 miles in 28 minutes and 59 seconds, which beats my goal that I had set a while back for running 3 miles in under 30 minutes to hopefully get my 5k time under 30 minutes.  It feels great to set and achieve goals, even if it is a bit delayed.

Mr. Marathon had a personal best on Monday when he ran 11 miles, which was the farthest he'd ever run on a training run.  Yes, it sounds silly because he is a marathon runner, but he believes that as long as he is consistent with his mileage, his endurance will keep improving.  Then yesterday, he had a new personal best when he tackled a 16 mile training run.  He is well on his way to rocking that ultra marathon that is in less than two weeks!

As for October, we have set new goals:  Mr. Marathon would like to run 150 miles, and I would like to run 60 miles.  Hopefully we can continue improving in our training!  Wish us luck!

(For your viewing pleasure, we have included the triumphant photo of me and Mr. Marathon from my first 10K.  We thought it encompassed all the feelings of victory that we have felt this month.  And yes, we are aware of how silly we look.  And don't worry, you will get used to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment