Social Media

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Un-Slumper Run


A page from my favorite Dr. Seuss book, Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Today was a beautiful day for a comeback run.  I was hoping to run the Harvest Moon 10K that is in less than two weeks.  But since I have been in such a slump, I didn't think I would be able to make it the 6 miles.  However today, I proved myself wrong.  Mr. Marathon and I woke up and hit the trail and ran the course of the Harvest Moon Run and I did it.  I completed the course.  In time that was only 2 minutes longer than my race time last year, as well.  I was so proud that I could run the 6 miles, let alone in good time.  I was telling myself that if I could finish it, I was doing okay.  But I felt like myself again running that distance.  My feet hurt a little and I was kinda achy and really really really itchy, but I didn't care.

So I'm gonna get me a registration form for the Harvest Moon 10K and kick my hiney into gear.  I will be doing hopefully one more run of the course between now and September 6 (race day!), as well as other shorter runs and some speed training.  Also, I will be closely watching my diet (fruits and protein will be my focus), and doing some Insanity (remember when we used to do that? heh....) and hopefully it will all pay off on race day.

Also, we will be using the Harvest Moon as a warm up run to the fall 2013 season of our running.  Upcoming races include:

Paint the Town 5K: September 21

Star City Half Marathon: November 23


Danville Half Marathon: October 5

Richmond Marathon: November 16
Richmond Half Marathon: November 16


1 comment:

  1. maybe you got itchy because you developed an allergy to exercise!

    ReplyDelete