Social Media

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Musical Motivation!

My new jams: Titanium, Girl on Fire, Good Time,
and Bulletproof
Running lately has felt like a real chore.  I have found it to be boring and monotonous, and I really haven't wanted to run at all, between the weather, being busy, being tired, blah blah blah.  So many excuses, I know.  However, today I decided to try something new.  Despite the super chilly temperature and gusty wind, I decided to tackle my usual 6 mile route on the Dick and Willie.  Instead of just running it and being boring, though, I finally downloaded some new songs.  I have pretty much been listening to the same 15-20 songs on my running playlist for like...  a year.  Seriously.  It might not seem like much, but with my new 4 peppy running songs, I felt awesome!  I finished my 6 miles in 1:07:32, which is a completely acceptable time for me. It wasn't a PR or anything, but I felt great doing it!
My GPS Watch:
Garmin Forerunner 110

Also, I figured out how to use my awesome new GPS watch and upload everything online!  Totally cool.  I am kinda unsure about how to post it on here, but I think this link should work.  It shows everything, including my overall pace, pace per mile, elevation change, and other cool stuff.
Dick and Willie 0-3 by ehgarcia at Garmin Connect - Details

So, to sum it up, sometimes new things during a run aren't so bad (as long as it's not a big race or anything, so I've learned).  My new watch and new running jams really helped me out today.  Hopefully I can hold onto this motivation because the Martinsville Half Marathon is in 20 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment