Social Media

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Race The Bar 10K

Yesterday Mr. Marathon and I ran the Race the Bar 10K in Greensboro, NC. It was ridiculously and unexpectedly HOT HOT HOT! It has been low 70's for the past few weeks, so it was beautiful running weather.  However, yesterday, it was like 85 degrees! It didn't help that the race started at 3 pm either, so it was right around the heat of the day. Regardless, we did it! Mr. Marathon placed first in the 20-24 year old age group with a time of 46:26, despite him being sick for the past week. I am just glad that I finished the race. My time of 1:14:33 has given me a wakeup call that I need to do some serious speed training and hill training, although I HATE hills. Like, with a passion (see the post from the Patrick County 5K). However, according to the official results, I came in fourth out of six people in my age group!  YAY!  I am (almost) a threat to 20-24-year-old female runners everywhere!  WATCH OUT Y'ALL.

As for my mileage, I am doing exceptionally well at 38.05 miles for the month with only 9.95 to go (but I think I'll just round that to 10 miles even).   Mr. Marathon has completed 55.25 miles so he still has 44.75 miles left, but he can do that no problem.  He just has to run a little over 6 miles every day until the end of the month.  He is feeling better... no chest pain, and his cold is clearing up.  He's had it so rough for the past month, but he is sticking with it.  I am so proud that he has not just given up, and he has run all the races he has signed up to do, despite all the setbacks.  (Mr. Marathon apologizes for his "wimpy-ness" so far... he says he is not usually like this and he will impress you all soon!  or he hopes).  So, he should be able to smash his 100 mile goal to the ground!  We are trying to stay motivated for our upcoming races: I have three 5K races in October that I would like to run, and Mr. Marathon has his Ultra Marathon coming up in less than a month!  Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment