Social Media

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Harvest Moon 10K

This past week was a doozy.  We were both thrown for a loop all last week.  I don't have much of an excuse, considering that nothing out of the ordinary really happened to me.  I was just really stressed and really busy and really worried about my hubbs.  Why was I so worried?  He was having sharp chest pains all day on Tuesday, so we headed to the urgent care center where they did a chest x-ray on him.  In his x-ray, the doctors found some potential concerns, so the doctor sent off the x-ray to a radiologist, who was concerned about a PNEUMOTHORAX (in plain English, a collapsed lung).  So, of course, they called him back in for another x-ray to verify that they saw what they think they saw.  They were still worried after the second x-ray, so on Friday, he had to go to the hospital for a C. T. scan.  After multiple visits to doctors and long hours spent in the waiting, we came to find out that his health is IN PERFECT CONDITION.  Not a thing wrong with him.  Ironic?  Yes. Annoying?  Absolutely.  A huge relief?  You bet.  So that same Friday night, we proceeded to run the 10K that we signed up for earlier that week- the DAY BEFORE all of this happened.

The Harvest Moon 10K was a night run on the Dick and Willie Passage in Martinsville, VA.  We run that trail a lot so we thought it would be a good run for us.  It was a beautiful night for the race, and there was a great turnout.  However, we both encountered some struggles along the way, considering we had not run all week!  Mr. Marathon got a side cramp around mile 1.  Seriously.  But he pushed through and finished strong at a time of 44:58, which put him at second place in his age group!  I did not meet my personal goal for this race, but I feel like I did the best that I could considering that I had not run 6 miles in like two months.  I had intended to take a couple 6 mile runs last week, but due to the unforeseen circumstances in the above paragraph, that obviously did not happen.  So, major changes will be occurring in the near future.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment