Social Media

Monday, March 17, 2014

March Update and the Final Countdown to Race Day!

This week's weather...
yes this is the same week
4 days, 21 hours, 22 minutes til RACE DAY!  That's right, folks, it is almost time for the Martinsville Half Marathon!  This Saturday is the day we have been training for!  And we hope we will do well, even though it's currently snowing and sleeting (and I'm off school for a snow day... whaaaaat?? and Mr. Marathon is on SPRING break...).  No outdoor run for us... or well me, anyway.  The forecast is not looking good for last minute training, but Saturday/race day is looking a little better temperature-wise, although there is a chance for rain.  I would rather run in warm rain than in snow, sleet, ice, and cold, so I'm good!

Love my new lime green laces to spice up
my neon coral New Balances!



Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to brag on Mr. Marathon and his mileage for the month of March.  Thanks to his new running buddy and my newly rediscovered motivation, he has been racking up the miles... 102.13 this month to be exact!  Wowie zowie!  He has taken a few good distance training runs, along with some long distance training runs, including a 20-miler last Friday.  He is determined to be ready for his two upcoming marathons: Rock and Roll Raleigh and the Blue Ridge Marathon.  And it's looking good at this point.  I, on the other hand, have a mere 48.6 miles for the month, and hopefully that will be enough for me to be successful on Saturday!

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to get a few more miles in by the end of this week.  Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment