Social Media

Sunday, August 4, 2013

EMBARRASSMENT.

I've been trying this lately....
Ahh, embarrassment: an emotion most of us know all too well.  Embarrassment is also the reason for the delay in this blog post.  I haven't posted in months for a multitude of reasons and excuses, but I know that you don't care.  So I'll skip all that and get right to the point.  I get embarrassed.  A lot.  And currently I am embarrassed because I have hardly been running this summer.  I keep telling myself I need to kick it into gear before the school year starts (I'm starting my FIRST YEAR as a third grade teacher... SO EXCITED!!), but somehow, I just can't find the motivation to just run.  I have taken a few 3-milers and quick 1 mile loops around my neighborhood, but past that, I can't seem to find it in me to really get back to my training.  Mr. Marathon has been biking
and playing soccer and staying active other ways, and he recently started running a little more.  So he's at least better off than me.  We are both (supposedly) training for a few upcoming events, including (but certainly not limited to): the Danville Half Marathon, Richmond Marathon/Half (respectively), and the Star City Half Marathon.

My new kicks....
yes I am modeling them in the middle of the road


I bought new running shoes in hopes that I would become a little more motivated.... let's see if it works.  I've run a grand total of 4 miles in them in the past two weeks.  HAH.








So now I know I have some loyal readers out there.  I have a favor to ask of you: either comment here, on Facebook, or email me your mantras for when times get tough.  I need a little extra motivation to overcome my embarrassment.  Can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment