Social Media

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Goblin Gallop 5K

Today Mr. Marathon and I participated in the Goblin Gallop 5K in Martinsville, VA, which we ran for the second time.  Last October, I ran in this race as my first 5K ever.  So today is kind of my run-iversary!

But before we get into that, there is one major triumph that I must share.  On Wednesday of this past week, I finally increased my mileage.  I had been running 6 miles as most of my long runs, and then last week, we did a 7-miler.  But this past week, I knew I had to up the distance.  Mr. Marathon and I decided on an 8-mile run.  But once we got to running, we passed the 4 mile marker, which was where we were going to turn around.  Then I bravely decided that we were going ALL THE WAY.  We ran to the 4.5 mile marker on the Dick and Willie trail (which is the end of the trail!) and then headed back.  So I ran 9 miles!!!!  It took me an hour and 44 minutes, but I did it!!!!!  I knew I had to try before I even consider a 15K (there's one next week.... eek!).  Either way, I am getting even closer to being able to run 13.1 miles.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled blogging.  Today was the Goblin Gallop.  We ran and finished in good time.  Mr. Marathon placed 3rd overall (1st in his age group obviously... also he was the only one in his age group) at around 19 minutes and 40ish seconds.  I finished at a time of 29:30 (which is a whole 10 minutes faster than my time last year!  I have improved!!!) and that put me at finishing 1st in my age group!  And I beat at least two other people! YAY!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment